Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Blog Post 4

The topic that have chosen for my paper is Female Roles in literature. I chose this as a topic because it is one that interests me at a lot. I know that back then circumstances were different. Society was patriarchal and women had little to no rights. I wanted to examine the different gender roles from throughout different literature and compare them. I wanted to compare the higher authority that men had in comparison to the little authority women had. Women were expected to behave in a certain way and for that reason I admire the Wife of Bath's tale. Although it was told by Chaucer, it think what he did was very clever. He told the story in the way of a woman who is telling her story through experience rather than the traditional story telling that came from women. This is a big deal because it was probably controversial at the time. My research question will be how has female roles changed throughout literature.


No comments:

Post a Comment